ケルンMINIMAL-TECHNO元年とされている1999年のpartyから10周年を記念して作られたBOOKとCDのカップリング作品です。殆どがKOMPAKT LABALで活躍しているアーティストたちの写真や記事、そしてCDに12Tracks代表的なMINIMAL TECHNOが収録されています。2009年発売されたKOMPAKTのTOTAL10を聴いても、音質など細部の変化はあるものの、基本的にはKOLN MINIMALを一貫して突き進めています。それが日本でも愛好者が多い要因だと思います。心地よいエレクトロニックミュージックをMINIMALに突き進んできたKOLN MINIMAL TECHNOは今後も続きます。
The event-label E'de Cologne releases its first CD on the 10th anniversary of the correspondent party series. The release comes along like a techno-bible in jet black and glaring red and documents the history of Cologne's electronic music scene between 1999 and the present time. The "who's-who" of Cologne is included in this 36-page strong catalog with photos and musical contributions by Tobias Thomas, Michael Mayer, Hans Nieswandt, Triple R, Justus Köhncke, Ada, Eric D. Clark, The Modernist, André Kraml, Pierre Chevallier, Popnoname and Strobocop -- all linked together like the 12 apostles with a mission of love. The black and white photos of the artists could not be more charismatic. The offset paper literally seems to absorb the pictures, so that it does not have to let them go ever again. The graphic design with its contrasts in Pantone red and the interview text, which works like a play, breaks the stern rhythm of the photo series. The CD, which is included inside the cover, features nine unreleased tracks which follow the dramaturgy of a E'de Cologne Party. It musically connects Cologne and Christopher Street Day (an annual European LGBT celebration held in various cities across Europe, in honor of the Stonewall Riots in Greenwich Village on June 28, 1969), which began exactly 40 years ago in New York. The CD opens with an ambient, dubby intro by newcomer Chevallier, followed by a minimal track from Triple R and a playful disco anthem by Nieswandt. The Modernist manages to carry the sounds so typical for him in his "Lost In Music" track before the 7th track fades in: the legendary seven year-old Mayer/Thomas remix which rocks in the typical Cologne techno manner. The CD ends with Justus Köhncke vs. Marianne Rosenberg's "Lieder Der Nacht" -- a track with so much love and emotion, that it brings tears to your eyes. 1 Euro of each sold copy goes to the AIDS-Hilfe Köln. Other artists include: Tonetraeger, Haito, and Raz Ohara.
01. Pierre Chevalier Electronic Cruising 06:23
02. Triple R Echt Elektronische Musik 06:37
03. Hans Nieswandt Tanz Baby 06:14
04. Thomas/Mayer Über Wiesen 07:03
05. The Modernist Lost In Music 07:46
06. Strobocop Love Is Music/ Music Is Love 04:13
07. Tonetraeger Welcome Back, Kotter (Mayer / Thomas RMX) 07:55
08. André Kraml Suburbia 07:03
09. Popnoname Deeper Than Love 05:58
10. Haito Feat. Eric D. Clark The Need To Believe 04:29
11. Ada feat.Raz Ohara Lovestoned 07:13
12. Justus Köhncke Vs. Marianne Rosenberg Lieder Der Nacht 03:04
- The event-label E'de Cologne releases its first CD/book commemorating the 10th anniversary of the E'de Cologne annual party series.
- The release is accompanied by a 36-page book documenting Cologne's electronic music scene from 1999-present.
- The package includes nine unreleased musical contributions from artists such as Pierre Chevallier, The Modernist, Triple R, and many more.
- 1 Euro of each sold copy goes to the AIDS-Hilfe Köln.